Saturday 27 October 2012

Finished!!

I am reconnecting with my early love of cross - stitch at the moment.
Cross - stitch was the first craft I learnt and it has been an enduring friend of mine over the years. There are photos of me as an 11 year old cross - stitching in front of the TV and here I am more than 30 years later still doing the same thing.
Cross - stitch used to bit a little bit muted and old-fashioned, I did a lot of country samplers in blues and maroon clolourways. Nowadays there are some great ideas and patterns out there. A lot more colour, more vibrancy and a lot more fun.
This is one I have just finished.




It was lovely to stitch, all those bright colour and what a terrific sentiment. I have hung it up in our back family room so that I can look at it when things get a little out of control. To remind myself that most of the time we have a happy home.
I got the pattern from this magazine and the pattern actually comes from this talented girl. I really love Emily's designs,  modern and quirky.
 And so good to finish something. Now just have to get on to all those other WIP around the place.....

Megan xx

3 comments:

  1. I'm about to start it for a friend who just moved to a new house! It's so lively, isn't it? Wish you more stitches in the future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love the colours, I'm sure your friend will love it. Thank you for your comment :)

      Delete
  2. I love it! Am going to have to resist the urge to try a new craft just so I can have one of my own... It will look great in your living room xx

    ReplyDelete