Monday 7 May 2012

Lasagne confessions

I am a bit of a slacker when it comes to making lasagne.
It just all seems a bit fiddly. You have to make meat sauce, grate cheese and worst of all, make the bechamel sauce. That's a lot of pots. A lot of washing up.
So... I do find myself at the supermarket buying readymade lasagne. Dreadful, I know, but I feel it is time to let my secret out.
 The crazy thing is that I love to eat lasagne and the shop bought ones never taste as good as homemade - never.
 However, now I have found a straightforward recipe and it's delicious.




The recipe is from one of my favourite cookbooks, The Pioneer Woman Cooks. Ree Drummond writes in a fun and non threatening manner and has a heap of great recipes on her web site here.
 Her lasagne recipe is quick and easy and you don't have to make the bechamel sauce - yeh - you just use cottage cheese, low fat cottage cheese at that!
 Lots of pictures along the way so I can see if my concoction looks anything like it is supposed to look.




So lasagne made and enjoyed by all, except the 16 year old vegetarian, sigh... However, it looked great and tasted good. Wasn't fiddly or time-comsuming. Even managed to clean the bathrooms whilst the meat sauce was simmering - a very productive afternoon.


 
No more shop bought lasagne for me - a personal cooking milestone reached.

Megan xx

No comments:

Post a Comment