Monday 20 August 2012

A cereal alternative?

We eat a lot of cereal around here - a whole lot. With 3 big boys and a husband who loves his breakfast food I feel like I am regularly filling up my shopping trolley with large boxes of cereal.
So I thought I would have a go at making my own muesli. My recipe came from this trusty book, also home to the No Knead bread.
So I sarted with these ingredients,




And after some mixing, some toasting and some more mixing I ended up with this.




It looks pretty authentic and it tastes good too. Probably due to liberal amounts of honey added before the toasting process. Like everything  in The Thrifty Kitchen it's not difficult or even very time-consuming so could be something that I could factor into my schedule quite easily.

So I've put it into the pantry, next to the boxes of cereal and told everyone to give it a go. I'll let you know if it is gone within the week.....or if it is still there in 6 weeks!






Megan xx

No comments:

Post a Comment