Wednesday 22 August 2012

I can crochet....sort of....

Up until last week end I could not get the whole crochet thing and it makes me feel a little embarressed to admit that I did a 4 week crochet class at our local evening college last year. In total it included 12 hours of crochet tuition. 12 hours.
At the end of my crochet course - I still couldn't crochet. Everyone else was off and running but for myself the whole thing remained a bit of a mystery. So I sheepishly returned to something familiar - knitting. My crochet hook lay idle on my sewing table until...last week end.
Jules encouraged me to get the hook out again and bravely head off to our local chapter of Brown owls. The lovely Suzy Hausfrau was going to teach granny squares.
 And guess what? I finally got it.


Must have been the wonderful learning atmosphere of Brown Owls and the teaching prowess of Renae. Or...it could be that it takes 14 hours of tuition before a concept becomes clear to me. But I think we will gloss over that last suggestion.

Over the last couple of days I've made these. And I have to say, I'm feeling very pleased with myself :)

So, I can crochet. Well...I can crochet granny squares. It's a start.

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment