Saturday 21 April 2012

Polly pocket and Alicia

Last week, my 5 year old and I went on a road trip, of sorts. Well, we caught the bus to Sydney. For those non Canberrans out there, the trip takes about 31/2 hours. I've done this trip a lot since we moved to Canberra almost 12 years ago and I've done this bus trip  a whole lot over the last 3-4 months so I'm not so interested in the scenery any more.
This time, however, I had a companion, which was rather lovely.
My girl has a passion for little dollies so Polly Pocket dolls were made for her. She can rearrange them into different scenarios for an amazingly long period of time. This is a useful skill when you are on a long bus trip.
Somthing that keeps me well occupied is embroidery samplers from this very talented girl. I love Alicia's designs and especially from her book. However, you need to have commitment to complete some of her projects, especially her samplers.They are quite big and involved. I am currently working on this one,



which is great for long boring trips because there is a lot of border flowers on which you don't have to concentrate too much. Counting Aida squares can get a bit tricky when there are bumps in the road but on the whole I can get a fair bit done
So there we were, happily chatting and doing our thing on the bus and time went very quickly.


Thank you Alicia Paulson and thank you Polly Pocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment